Thursday 13 June 2013

Elvis Costello

Got a call from a buddy of mine John Rea, he owns a recording studio called the Machine Rooms: 

http://www.machinerooms.co.uk/

He pulled some strings and got me a press pass for the recent Elvis Costello gig at St David's Hall in Cardiff, the show was fantastic and I was even given a spare seat to watch the rest of the show from and if you have ever shot gig in the past you'll know that is a rarity as it's normally three songs and out.

The 5DmK3 performed admirably as well, I had to shoot the show from the mixing desk so was forced to use my old (and i mean old) 75-300 non IS zoom as I do not have a decent L equivalent yet, despite some marked vignetting the 5DmK3 made up for the lens and gave me some great shots, I was a little weary at first on pushing the ISO but soon got used to shooting at ISO5000 which is insane, the grain was minimal and comparable to a roll of HP5!

Here's one of my favorite shots from the gig F5, 250sec, iso5000, 170mm (75-300) 5DmK3


No comments:

Post a Comment