Thursday 27 June 2013

£12.88 eBay ND filter kit

What can you get for £12.88?

Turns out quite a lot, inspired by my wonderful Haida Pro 10 stop filter I decided to have a look on ebay and see what else was available as after covering the recent World slalom canoe championship I needed something to bring my shutter speeds down in bright sunlight as I was getting silly speeds at F22 at iso50.


After a bit of searching I found this little ND 2,4,8 kit with Cokin style holder in fact you get this:
52mm 58mm 67mm 72mm 77mm Adapter Ring + ND2 ND4 ND8+Holder


I thought it was a lot of stuff for the money and would probably be rubbish optically but it was worth a punt so I placed my order – oh and the free P&P helped too


Two days later the parcel arrived and I was on first impressions very surprised with what I got, every adapter ring was well made and metal, the Cokin style filter holder was made of decent enough plastic and held the adapter rings and filter well.


I was very impressed with how the filters were presented, they are packed in a very well made and practical soft case and again inside this each of the filters are in a plastic sleeve.





Not bad huh?

So how about the optical quality?


Well I have to say they are pretty bloody good, I can't see any marks or poor performance and I will happily use them for a shoot, the three sample images have been resized and auto colour, contrast & levels in PS – What can you get for £12.88 turns out quite a lot well worth a look if your in the market for some very affordable filters that don't have to be treated with too much care because for this price they are easily replaced.
Sample shots:





No comments:

Post a Comment